Born in St. Timothy, P.E.I., Rita Arsenault first started painting with oils approximately 20 years ago. Her first teacher was Emily Durant, and at this time, she preferred a more realistic style of painting. However, having retired several years ago, she decided to explore new techniques and styles with Lise Genova. Her favorite pastimes are gardening, photography and nature walks. These activities often serve as inspirations for her paintings as she often enjoys depicting sceneries and flowers.
- Classes with Emily Durant, in Abram-Village, P.E.I.
- Classes with Lise Genova, in Summerside, P.E.I.
- Workshops with Annie Morin in Summerside, P.E.I.
- Workshop with Sandi Komst in Summerside, P.E.I.
- Workshop with Henry Purdy in Wellington, P.E.I.
- Workshops in watercolor with Arno Freitag
- At the Acadian Museum in Miscouche, P.E.I.
- Island Colors at the Eptek Centre in Summerside, P.E.I.
- La Palette Artists Co-operative Art Show at the Vanier Center in Wellington, P.E.I.
- Les couleurs de l’automne at the Harbourfront Theatre in Summerside, P.E.I.
La Coopérative d’artistes La / The Palette Artists Co-operative, founding member and secretary for the past few years.